Is there a way to force banned users to log out automatically?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hall of Famer
    • Apr 2009
    • 3.8.x

Is there a way to force banned users to log out automatically?

On one of my VB3.8 sites there are spambots registering every now and then. Fortunately the situation is well under control since they normally cannot activate their accounts through those fake emails, I also ban the IPs when I see them immediately. The problem is, well, they still visit the forum sometimes as banned users. They cannot do anything, but they are displeasing to the eye. I hate to see that from my forum's 'users online during the past 24 hours' about 3-5 of them are banned users. Is there a way to force them to log out whenever they visit the forum? Please help.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

There's no built in way to do this... And in mods I've only seen the opposite- ways to prevent banned uses from ever logging out.

Have you considered just deleting spammer accounts rather than banning them?

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

Every banned user gets made invisible on my site, so ordinary members then cannot see them.

But for spammers, yes, just delete.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• steven s
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
        Every banned user gets made invisible on my site, so ordinary members then cannot see them.
        How do you do that?
        The only banned members are spammers. I don't delete so they don't register again with the same username or email address.
        ...steven
        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...