How to CHMOD config.php file (Linux Server)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChiNa
    • Jul 2012
    • 3.8.x

How to CHMOD config.php file (Linux Server)?

Hi everyone, I am using a Linux server for my Forum, and I am not just a bit confused, I been looking for an answer about which CHMOD options will be best on a LINUX server to protect the config.php file in "includes/config.php" !

I been in VBSEO and many other places to search for an answer, and to be honest I didnt find any correct answer. The reason why I say I didnt find any correct answer is because EVERYONE had a different opinion about it, and different CHMOD numbers.

So if anyone could please let me know, what options or CHMOD would be the most safest way to protect the Config.php file! Thank you!

By the way, here is the state of my files, already CHMOD'ed now:

Includes folder: chmod 0755
    Config.php File: chmod 0604

Thank you very much in advance, for your answers!

Regards CM
    Last edited by ChiNa; Wed 14 Nov '12, 11:06am.
    Check some of my work on vBulletin.org by CLICKING HERE!
    I dedicate my work and passion to those who have helped me and made me become the person I am today! From Coders, Designers to amazing Websites and Forums who always been there for me! Forever Greatfull!
  • Tariq Rathore
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.8.x

make it 644
    Mortal Kombat Nexus
    Pleae read before buying Ryan

Comment

• ChiNa
      • Jul 2012
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Tariq Rathore
      make it 644
      Thanks Tariq Rathore.. I changed it to 644! I always use 644 to my configuration files for such as joomla, drupal and etc.... hopefully we get more answers to this.. Thanks for your answer, appreciate it sir...

Regards CM
      Check some of my work on vBulletin.org by CLICKING HERE!
      I dedicate my work and passion to those who have helped me and made me become the person I am today! From Coders, Designers to amazing Websites and Forums who always been there for me! Forever Greatfull!

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Your best option is to ask your webhost. Each flavor of Linux has its own special things.

Comment