X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryanb
    • Sep 2003
    • 4.2.X

Not saving new passwords

I've recently moved a 3.8.7 pl3 board to a different server, and after the move, and I can't seem to add any new accounts properly. When adding any new user accounts from the admin control panel, I fill in the user name and password - but when I try to log in with this info, I get the "You have entered an invalid username or password etc.," message. When I try to use the Lost Password Recovery Form, I get "Could not find phrase 'invalid_redirect_url_x'."

I have disabled the plugin/hook system, but that doesn't seem to help. Members who have forgotten their passwords can't log in either - even when I have entered a new password in their user account via the admin control panel.

Any ideas???
    ~ Master of my own Domain ~
  • Bryanb
    • Sep 2003
    • 4.2.X

Does anyone have a clue to what the issue might be? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Bryanb
      • Sep 2003
      • 4.2.X

Isn't anyone using 3.8 anymore? Any assistance would surely be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Can you try re-downloading the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except install/install.php and includes/config.php.new) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server then re-run the upgrade script.

Does this resolve the problem?
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Bryanb
          • Sep 2003
          • 4.2.X

Hi Trevor,

I tried that - and it still won't save changed passwords. It even generates passwords and sends them by email using the "forgot the password" function. But those passwords are invalid. Perhaps it's a permission thing?

One odd thing I noticed is that in the admin control panel it states that the current version is vb 3.8.7 pl3, but on the forum home page it lists Version 3.8.1 as the current version. Would that have something to do with it?

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Are you sure you actually upgraded to 3.8.7 PL3 and you're not just using the patch files? The patch files will break an old install.

Comment

• Bryanb
              • Sep 2003
              • 4.2.X

I moved the board to a new server and did a fresh install with the newest 3.8.7 PL3 I'm thinking that the old server hosted the board as 3.8.1

Do you think I can revert to the 3.8.1 somehow and upgrade to the 3.8.7?

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

You did a fresh install and then what? Restored your backup over it?

Comment

• Bryanb
                  • Sep 2003
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
                  You did a fresh install and then what? Restored your backup over it?
                  Yes. I did a fresh install and uploaded the backed up database. Did I screw up?

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Yes, you restore your backup to an empty database, then run the upgrade to 3.8.7 PL3.

Comment

• Bryanb
                      • Sep 2003
                      • 4.2.X

So in other words, I need to back up the data base - remove the 3.8.7 files. Install 3.8.1 with this database selected in the config.php file, and then upgrade to 3.8.7 PL3 - right?

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

No, you have a backup of 3.8.1. Restore this database backup. Upload the 3.8.7 PL3 files, run the upgrade script.

There is no place where you need to run the installer.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...