X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SparklyElvus
    • Aug 2008
    • 3.7.x

forum_old/forum_new images

Upon loading vBulletin years ago, I replaced the forum_old.gif and forum_new.gif image files from images/statusicon folder with custom images.

This morning, the images have reverted back to "original" status (ie: images supplied w/ vbulletin installation).

I checked all folders for forum_old and forum_new copies, have replaced w/ custom images.

My site still shows original vB images.

Wondering what else to check?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Well if you just upgraded, the names have changed.

forum_new-48.png
    forum_old-48.png

There are others. Look in your images/statusicon folder to get all the names. Rename your images so they overwrite the defaults when uploaded.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SparklyElvus
      • Aug 2008
      • 3.7.x

Thanks Wayne, I haven't upgraded yet.

Thanks for responding w/ help. Much appreciated.

Comment

• eJM
        • Sep 2004
        • 3.8.x

Wayne, this is the 3.8 forum, not the 4.x forums. The file names for those images have not changed in 3.8.x.

SparklyElvus, you're going to have to think back and remember what you have done with your forum recently. I can't think of a way that would automatically make your images change to the original versions. You would have to change the URL to those images or upload the original images into that folder. Have you edited any templates recently, or uploaded any files or worked on the style CSS?

Jim
        If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
        www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

oh sorry. Sometimes don't notice the forum.

Some things to check.

1) Make sure you didn't enter image prefixes in while editing forums in the Forum Manager.
          2) Make sure that the image names are the proper case (all lower case).
          3) Make sure your images didn't get overwritten by a new style or file upload.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...