X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldengine
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.7.x

Unwanted Friendship Requests

Has anyone resolved this issue? I find it in the vBulletin suggestions archive, but with no solutions.

The need exists to turn this function off on a user by user basis. Not everyone wants their mailbox filled with these requests and there are some people that can't rest until they've tried to make a friend request to EVERYONE on the forum. This needs to be an individual choice whether to receive these requests or not. The only option now is to reject the request and automatically SEND the person a rejection notice - not nice!
  • Dustin L.
    • Mar 2011
    • 4.2.X

I don't believe this option is available, however, perhaps a mod is available.
    I'm on my phone right now, so I'll look around a bit later.

Dustin
    http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
    http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

It's definitely not going to get changed for the 3.8.x series. You should look for a mod over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

There is already an option to turn off emails for Friendship Requests. It has been in the system since 3.7.X.

On your site go to profile.php?do=editoptions and there will be a checkbox to turn off the email requests.

There is no option to turn off the feature on a user by user request though so they will still get notifications when they visit the site. However there are no popups associated with them and they can either ignore them or deal with them at their leisure.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...