X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flashgordon
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.5.x

fetch_userinfo after Patch Level 3

I applied the patch level 3 to my vb 3.8.7.
    Nowhere did the patch say during download that only three files were to be updated.
    So I applied all changes. The patch download contains more files than necessary for vb3.8.7. I was already wondering why you would include class_core.php if there was no change in it.

Now $vbulletin->userinfo['userid'] is not defined when I hook into the fetch_userinfo function with the fetch_userinfo_query hook.

This is dangerous and unnecessary. Why does vbulletin provide a patch for vb3.8.7 and include the patch files for vb 4+ as well, without any instructions? This is ****ed up.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Why not re-download the 3.8.7 PL3 files whole from the members area.

Comment

• flashgordon
      • Sep 2006
      • 3.5.x

I have tried to restore things from backup, but the problem remains.

Can somebody please explain this to me? Because as I am seeing it, the problem can also be found in the freshly downloaded files.

I know for a fact that $vbulletin used to be available in the fetch_userinfo_query hook. The Vbulletin blog product is using it also.

Since a few days, $vbulletin and $vbulletin->userinfo are NULL in that hook. I had to turn the blog product off, because a query became invalid (because of the missing $vbulletin).

So how can this happen. I backtraced it to a few lines in init.php (lines 388 to 393).

It's not possible to post code fragments on this board.
      So I will describe it in words:

- global.php loads init.php
      - init.php creates a session object and therefore calls the constructor of the session class in class_core.php
      - the session class calls the fetch_userinfo() function from functions.php
      - $vbulletin->userinfo variable is missing (NULL) in this function, because it is only filled later on in init.php
      - the fetch_userinfo() function also calls the fetch_userinfo_query hook
      - $vbulletin->userinfo is NULL in this hook

I have no idea how the vbulletin blog and other plugins were able to work like this before. A query in the blogs fails because of invalid SQL -due to the missing $vbulletin variable.
      What I do know is that it was possible before and that this is only a very recent problem.

Something is not right with the order in which things are executed.
      Last edited by flashgordon; Mon 11 Jun '12, 9:18am.

Comment

• Bob Isaac
        • Dec 2005
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
        Why not re-download the 3.8.7 PL3 files whole from the members area.
        This is totally unhelpful. The question has not been answered, as was the question in the upgrades forum. The patch contains 6 files in /includes and 3 in /install yet there is no clarity about which to upload for any given version. I was about to upload them all until I saw this now I am holding off until someone gets the instructions right.

Bob

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

You always upload all of the files in a patch release.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...