Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sownman
    • Jun 2004

Posting embedded video ?

Trying to allow posting of video that displays as an open frame when viewing a post but I can only get the code and the link to display how do I set VB to allow this. I tried turning on "allow HTML" but that didn't do it. Trying paste here also

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uIzJVncH0CY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thats all I get on my forum also.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You need to use the filmstrip button on the editor menu bar and paste the actual Youtube URL there. vBulletin will create the embed code to make sure it is safe.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Sownman
      • Jun 2004

I don't see a filmstripe button in v3.8.4 what does it look like ?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

Sorry... I didn't realize what forum this was in. My fault.

Unfortunately vBulletin 3.8.X doesn't have built in support video embedding. However enabling HTML should work as long as all the code is on a single line. If it doesn't check out the Automatic Media Embedding (AME) addon at www.vbulletin.org. It will allow you to embed media in your posts.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• MRGTB
          • May 2005

If you want to show YouTube Video's in vBulletin 3, which is what I think you want to do. Add a new BBCode using this I recently created on my test site using vB 3.7. This will put a border around you video as well to look better and makes use of a YouTube theme to do away with the default "Black Look", and the editor icon is included below you need for using.

If you don't want to use the YouTube theme, remove this from the code: "theme=light&amp;color=white&amp;" and change Width and Height to this instead "480x360" or "640x480".

Note: that "FULL SCREEN" mode is disabled using this added in code (&amp;fs=0). And this removed allowfullscreen

Example of (full screen included, but using theme based look). I removed full screen because early versions of IE have problems with it, so use YouTube feature options to completely disable it by adding "fs=0" and removing "allowfullscreen".
          <iframe width="560" height="349" style="border: 1px solid #0B198C; padding: 2px; background-color: #FFFFFF" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/{param}?theme=light&amp;color=white" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
          ===

Title: YouTube
          BB Code Tag Name: youtube

Replacement:
          Code:
          <iframe width="560" height="349" style="border: 1px solid #0B198C; padding: 2px; background-color: #FFFFFF" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/{param}?theme=light&amp;color=white&amp;fs=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
          Example: [youtube]cxumiloua2Q[/youtube]

Description:
          Code:
          The [youtube] tag allows you to play video's in posts using the youtube code highlighted in red in this example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<font color="#FF0000">kwcHChqcXfo</font>.
          Use {option}: No
          Button Image (Optional): images/editor/youtube.gif
          Remove Tag If Empty: Yes
          Disable BB Code Within This BB Code: Yes
          Disable Smilies Within This BB Code: Yes
          Disable Word Wrapping Within This BB Code: Yes
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MRGTB; Fri 18 May '12, 12:55pm.

Comment

• Sownman
            • Jun 2004

Thanks so much for the help I'll look into this.

Comment

• MRGTB
              • May 2005

You can also turn off video annotations if you want, those annoying messages displayed in-video at the start which is enabled by default. To do it add this code at the end with the AMP before it used to separate it from "&amp;fs=0".

Code: &amp;iv_load_policy=3

So it would look like this "&amp;fs=0&amp;iv_load_policy=3"

Now video's won't show video annotations unless a person clicks the button to show them manually.

Comment

• howinfo
                • Apr 2010
                • 3.8.x

Thank you for posting this. It does work for me very well. However, I did try to use this bbcode first that is suggested everywhere but it did not work for some for reason and it seems to work for some and not for others.

Code:
                <object width="425" height="355"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{param}"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{param}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed> </object>
                Your code looks so much better but can you tell me what is the difference between your code and this one?
                Career Forum - Training Courses - Career Blog

Comment

• Toibs
                  • Jun 2001

Sorry - Off Topic....

Wayne,

Where is the filmstrip Editor button in Vb4.2? I have checked and cant find mine at all..

cheers

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Toibs
                    Sorry - Off Topic....

Wayne,

Where is the filmstrip Editor button in Vb4.2? I have checked and cant find mine at all..

cheers
                    Please open your own thread in the appropriate location. This thread isn't about 4.2 functionality.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment