• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goha
    • Mar 2004

Blogs for 3.x

We are looking to install good blog system compatible with VB 3.x

Any advise on this?

P.S. We don't want to migrate to 4.x right now. Please don't suggest this.
    GoHa.Ru
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

If you don't already have a blog license, you wont have an easy time aquiring one.
    You'd have to buy a whole vb3/vb4 license from a third party, that has the blog attached. So if you want the offical blog system, vb4 is your quickest and easist answer.

Comment

• goha
      • Mar 2004

If I buy vb4 blog license (i already own vb3 and 4 licenses), will I get blogs for 3?

The things is, that we have our 3.8 higly customised and optimised. Damn huge load of big and small changes. so, for us, at elast for now, it is impossible to switch to vb4. But we hardly need vb3 blogs. I never seen something better for our needs than blogs for vb3. Help please.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bow.gif
Views:	3
Size:	265 Bytes
ID:	3686985
      GoHa.Ru

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

You cannot buy a vB3 blogs license, you can purchase (or upgrade to a suite). You won't get the blogs for vB3. There is again, no way to obtain a vBulletin 3 blogs license without purchasing a vBulletin 3/4 license from a third party with blogs attached.

Comment

• goha
          • Mar 2004

purchasing a vBulletin 3/4 license from a third party with blogs attached.
          is ther common way to do that?
          and why should I do such a strange way, why I can't just pay to VB? Sounds wierd.
          GoHa.Ru

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

We do not sell the vBulletin 3 blog licenses anymore, just like we do not sell vBulletin 3 licenses anymore. Though your vBulletin 4 license does grant you access to the vBulletin 3 software, the Suite license does not grant you access to the vBulletin 3 blogs.

Comment

• punchbowl
              • Nov 2006
              • 4.0.x

It's so odd to see a company refuse to sell a product that people want to buy.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by punchbowl
                It's so odd to see a company refuse to sell a product that people want to buy.
                The number of people requesting the blog for vBulletin 3 is maybe at best once every 3 to 6 months. To change the ordering system to be able to handle that, would drasticly outweight the added costs of selling the vBulletin 3 blogs.

People would also possibly buy it, not knowing what they are getting, and then ask for a refunds for buying the wrong product, this has its own costs as well (reverasal fee + time it takes the staff to handle the issue).

Comment

• goha
                  • Mar 2004

The number of people requesting the blog for vBulletin 3 is maybe at best once every 3 to 6 months. To change the ordering system to be able to handle that, would drasticly outweight the added costs of selling the vBulletin 3 blogs.
                  obviously, selling system already exists and you do support downloads, othervise you would not suggest me to search for third party purchase....

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I will look for third party VB+Blog. Is there soma trade forum where ppl buying -s elling VB? Where should I look for it?
                  GoHa.Ru

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by goha
                    obviously, selling system already exists and you do support downloads, othervise you would not suggest me to search for third party purchase....
                    The system that supplies people the software is different than the one that allows them to be able to purchase it.

Comment

• punchbowl
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 4.0.x

Cheers Zachery. Obviously there's are reasons not to sell it but it is still odd to the the refusal in action. It also doesn't come with vb4 I presume for similar reasons.

Comment

• goha
                        • Mar 2004

Where can I find such a ppl, selling VB3? Ebay? Is there trade subforum on this forums?
                        GoHa.Ru

Comment

• HenrikHansen
                          • Jul 2004
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by goha
                          Where can I find such a ppl, selling VB3? Ebay? Is there trade subforum on this forums?
                          Try http://forums.digitalpoint.com or www.webhostingtalk.com or www.theadminzone.com

You might also ask at www.xenforo.com if someone has vb3+blog for sale
                          Europanet.dk

Comment

• goha
                            • Mar 2004

Hello.

I've been told by someone, that if I would get VB Blogs 3.x source code (without license), and if I already own VB3 license, I can use blogs with VB3 without special blog license.

Is that true? Can I?
                            GoHa.Ru

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

Nope, you could end up losing your license over it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...