Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • testerv
    • Dec 2011

I've just sent an email to them.

I just noticed a 121MB error_log for my vbulletin forums. Is there a way to view those errors without downloading the entire file?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

No.. Any online text editor would probably choke on the file. You can limit the size of any error log actually written by vBulletin under under Settings -> Options -> Error Handling and Logging -> Maximum File-Size of Error Logs. The default value is 1 MB or 1048576 bytes.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

If I had to guess, that is the php error_log file, webhosts sometimes set up php to report errors to a file with that name in the folder that the error occurs in.

Comment

• testerv
          • Dec 2011

Zachery, it looks like you were right. It is the php error_file.

Here are some of the error messages:
          Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/xxxxx/public_html/local/includes/init.php on line 134

Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/xxxx/public_html/local/includes/init.php on line 142

Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/xxxxx/public_html/local/includes/init.php on line 211

Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/xxxxx/public_html/local/includes/init.php on line 389
          Would you happen to know what might cause this?

My host says they are using php version in the 5.3.x branch. Would that cause this issue?

By the way, I am using vb 3.8.6.
          Last edited by testerv; Wed 7 Mar '12, 4:24pm. Reason: 3.8.6

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

You should ask them to turn off depreciated error messages for your account, or ask them how to. Sounds like you're not running 3.8.7 PL2,

Comment

• testerv
              • Dec 2011

I am running 3.8.6 PL1.

Would the upgrade from 3.8.6 PL1 to 3.8.7 PL2 stop those error messages?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...