Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seattle_Mike
    • Feb 2008

Board Shut Down But Shows People Viewing Forum

I currently have the message board shut down but when I look at people logging in and their location information it shows they are viewing a forum. How can that be? It shows a lock also. The only thing a user should see is the main page message that says the board is temporarily shut down.

I would expect that I would only see Viewing Index, not anything else except maybe Member List etc.

Here's a screen cap showing the activity. How can they possibly be viewing a forum or thread if the board is shutdown?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BoardScrCap.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	3722732
    Last edited by Seattle_Mike; Fri 3 Feb '12, 4:45pm.
  • basskiller
    • Jul 2002
    • 3.5.x

they could have those forums bookmarked so while it may look like they are there.. they are not.. hence the lock image
    www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
    www.basskilleronline.com
    www.bodybuildingology.com

Comment

• ENF
      • Apr 2002

Originally posted by basskiller
      they could have those forums bookmarked so while it may look like they are there.. they are not.. hence the lock image
      And... I believe if you hover the lock image, it should tell you that they are viewing the forum closed message... IIRC.

Also, don't forget people landing on your site from Search Engines... not just bookmarks.
      To be updated...

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

In addition, they could have had that page open from before you closed the site in which case they'll still be in there until they refresh their browser
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...