Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taco John
    • Nov 2002

Thread posting issue

I have a thread posting issue that I have no idea how to fix. It's been persistent for some time now, and I'm baffled by it.

Basically, people can only post new threads half the time successfully. The other half of the time, the database seems to time out or something, and the thread poster is taken to a blank page. The community has found a work around in which they will post the thread with a single letter as the title - and it works 100% of the time when they do that, but then they will go back and "advanced edit" the thread title to what they really want. This is obviously not an ideal solution.

I'd like to diagnose and fix this problem once and for all, but have no way of knowing how to start. I should note that I don't really have any modifications on the forum - Just SigmaChat and "Visitors in Last X Hours".

It's strange to me that it will post just fine half the time, or with just a single letter as the thread title.
    Last edited by Taco John; Tue 3 Jan '12, 11:39pm.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Here is a page from the manual about troubleshooting blank or 'white' pages: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages

I would suggest you take a look at your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) because most likely they will have a clue in there about what the real problem is.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...