X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meijin
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.6.x

Sticky threads suddenly vanish?

Does anyone know of an issue with sticky threads just suddenly vanishing? This has happened to me today. We have alot of forum sub-sections and use alot of different stickys in them to outline things for the members. All of them we there this morning. Then, this afternoon, they have vanished as if the threads never existed. No changes made to the system at all...no mods installed, no template modifications, nothing. I am running on a dedicated server running v3.8.7 PL2. I have done a search here looking for similar instances of it happening to others and am not finding much.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

Its really not possible for them to simply vanish without someone doing something.

Have you looked in the admin logs to see if anyone has been moving or deleting stuff ?
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• meijin
      • Feb 2008
      • 3.6.x

Crap! It would appear that someone hacked the admin account and deleted these posts! Is there any way to retrieve them?

Other than blocking the IP address shown that it came from (a webhosting account in FL) and changing the password on the account, any recommendations for securing the site to keep them out? Did not notice any new mod or admin accounts created.

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

Put .htaccess protection on your admincp & modcp folders.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• meijin
          • Feb 2008
          • 3.6.x

Already there Paul! That is what has me totally stumped.

Also, unless I am crazy, after changing the unalterable user in config.php, the password change in the admin CP is not working either.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...