X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CUBS
    • Oct 2004
    • 4.2.x

ok logging in problem with members

they log in it says thank you kicks them out. they click the box and the same. in my admin panel I have set it where its all www.yoursite.com not just yoursite.com well on the bottom right where the contact us button is to the right is my boards name and I have it www.yoursite.com well when you click on it in the address bar it only shows http://yoursite.com there is no www. but when you look at it on the botton it says www.yoursite.com so where do I change it to www.

ive told my members to clear cookies and cache,history,even ion the RUN %TEMP% delete. go to tools internet options security tab set it to mediumhigh.some have worked a few havent. but how do I change the bottom right next to the contact us tab my boards name and make sure when i click www.yoursite.com it shows up in the address bar www. not just yoursite.com
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

What do you have in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Site Name/url/etc > Forum URL and Homepage URL (and any other text area on that page where you have entered a URL)?

And what do you have set for AdminCP > Settings > Options > Cookies > Cookie Domain?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• CUBS
      • Oct 2004
      • 4.2.x

forum name www.yoursite.com

forum url http://www.yoursite.com/forum

home page www.yoursite.com

Homepage URL http://www.yoursite.com

my cookie domain suggested setting is one of these 2 1.blank 2 .yoursite.com I have blank

custom settings has nothing

path to save cookies has either / or /forum/ I have it set to slash /

i'm on a dedicated server with 2 boards on that dedicated server. No problem on the other board. Hope that helps

BUT ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE BOARD LYNNE WHERE I GHAVE MY BOARDS NAME WWW.YOURSITE.COM WHEN I CLICK THAT IUT TAKES ME TO A PAGE WHERE NO ONE IS LOGGED IN AND IN THE ADDRESS BAR IT SAYS HTTP://YOURSITE.COM NO WWW B UT I HAVE IT ON MY BOARD ON THE BOTTOM WWW.YOURSITE.COM

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

You should have AdminCP > Settings > Options > Cookies > Cookie Domain set to ".yoursite.com" (no quotes but note the period at the beginning)

Create a new style with no parent:
        • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
        • Parent Style: No Parent Style
        • Title: Default vBulletin
        • Allow User Selection: Yes
        • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same link problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment