X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TopShelfGamer
    • May 2010
    • 3.8.x

All pws reset on every account?

This morning my users were all logged out and had there pws changed. When they try and use the pw reset link it changed the pw but still wont work to login. I cannot access anything on the forum, i made a test account and was able to get that logged in but it then logged out and pw dont work now either.

Contacted my server host and they said they see no indication of any changes.

how do i fix this?
  • whitey10tc
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.0.x

Look in the usergroup manager and set the PW expire date to a higher number.
    www.cdmagurus.com
    www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

• TopShelfGamer
      • May 2010
      • 3.8.x

How do you i do that? I cant login to my admins account because the pw change aint working.

I can access my phpmyadmin

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

What exactly happened to logout all the users? What were you doing on the site right when this happened?

Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
        Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• TopShelfGamer
          • May 2010
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Lynne
          What exactly happened to logout all the users? What were you doing on the site right when this happened?

Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
          Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
          define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
          They were just going about there normal business and everyone got logged out at once.

I did the above, tried logging into my account, said PW was invalid.. did the reset pw and the new pw dont even work....

I will provide you with access to my site to do whatever you got to do... This is beyond my knowledge as i dont see any recent changes

Comment

• TopShelfGamer
            • May 2010
            • 3.8.x

Ok i used the tools.php and granted a new test account admincp acccess.. that part works but when i goto access the acp it says pw invalid but keeps me logged into my forum

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

Have you checked things in the database? Have you checked your access_logs to see if someone did something (hacked you)? Do you have a backup database? Have you checked to see if any of your files have been modified today?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• TopShelfGamer
                • May 2010
                • 3.8.x

Have you checked things in the database? Have you checked your access_logs to see if someone did something (hacked you)? Do you have a backup database? Have you checked to see if any of your files have been modified today?
                Yes i checked all of that first even contacted inmotion hosting to see if they seen anything and i see not 1 file that was modified today..

It seems like something is instantly changing passwords right away. I recently took over admin duties again the other day and was not able to get a backup in time. We have a strong feeling that the last admin is the who did this as i got an error email when an IP from the netherlands tried to access an invalid.php file this morning..

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Is is a cookie thing? Have you tried using tools.php to reset the cookie domain?

Something happened. Passwords don't suddenly just stop working. Did you look at your access_logs from the time that this happened?

Comment

• TopShelfGamer
                    • May 2010
                    • 3.8.x

Is is a cookie thing? Have you tried using tools.php to reset the cookie domain?

Something happened. Passwords don't suddenly just stop working. Did you look at your access_logs from the time that this happened?
                    I did the cookie thing just now and still no luck.

Everytime i try to access anything regarding admin permissions it makes me login..

Just now mysql admin account pw no longer works either

Comment

• Lynne
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Oct 2004

If you suddenly can't access something else on your server, then it sounds like someone has hacked you and you really need to talk to your host and have them figure out how.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...