X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rnmcd
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.5.x

Calendar spidered

Is the calendar in vBulletin forums spidered by search engines? I can't seem to find any of the events on my site's calendar that return in search engine results.
  • HMBeaty
    • Mar 2005

It should be unless:
    • You have it so guests can't see the calendar
    • You have calendar.php added to your robots.txt file
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
    "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
    "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

• rnmcd
      • Aug 2004
      • 3.5.x

Thank you. I changed permissions to allow guests to view.

On a semi-related note, is it possible to allow guests to add events to the calendar BUT have their entries moderated? It seems like I have to set it so that either everyone or no one is moderated.

Comment

• HMBeaty
        • Mar 2005

AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Calendar Permissions > Posted Events are Not Moderated
        "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
        "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"

Comment

• rnmcd
          • Aug 2004
          • 3.5.x

I don't have Calender Permission in AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Calendar Permissions

Comment

• HMBeaty
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by rnmcd
            I don't have Calender Permission in AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Calendar Permissions
            Hmm, I thought that was in vB 3 too. Do you have this?:

AdminCP > Calendars > Calendar Permissions

Comment

• rnmcd
              • Aug 2004
              • 3.5.x

Yep, that's where it's at. I looked there but I, apparently, didn't interpret "Posted Events are Not Moderated" properly.

Thank you for the help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...