How to fix this problem? Tons of sql error emails last 2 days. no changes lately.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whatsthegoodword
    • May 2007

How to fix this problem? Tons of sql error emails last 2 days. no changes lately.

I haven't made any changes to my forum in months but the last 2 days I've been getting hundreds of sql errors. Have about 20 members online, 300 guests at a time, 45,000 posts over a few years. Shared hosting, they told me 30 max connections at any one time. Persistent connections is set to 0 (off).

They told me that this line is taking longer than a minute to execute

SELECT * FROM datastore WHERE title IN
    ('','options','bitfields','attachmentcache','forumcache','usergroupcache','stylecache','la nguagecache','products','pluginlist','cron','profilefield','loadcache','noticecache','smil iecache','bbcodecache','mailqueue','bookmarksitecache')

I'm also getting

mysql_connect() [<a
    href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: User
    k8mk4s_mtd already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections.................forum/includes/class_core.php on line 311

Invalid SQL:
    DELETE FROM posthash
    WHERE dateline <
    1322598396;
    MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away

Invalid SQL:
    UPDATE session
    SET lastactivity = 1322600306, location =
    '/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=2400', badlocation = 1
    WHERE sessionhash = '09fc5816fd7cb666b804394795f07f85';
    MySQL
    Error : MySQL server has gone away

Please let me know how to fix this? The host told me what line is causing the problem but I have no idea how to fix it.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

This is a server issue. You'll need to contact your host about this. Here are the reasons for the MySQL server going away:

Also from the MySQL site:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Simon Lloyd
      • Apr 2008
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by whatsthegoodword
      I haven't made any changes to my forum in months but the last 2 days I've been getting hundreds of sql errors. Have about 20 members online, 300 guests at a time, 45,000 posts over a few years. Shared hosting, they told me 30 max connections at any one time. Persistent connections is set to 0 (off).

They told me that this line is taking longer than a minute to execute .
      Have you asked them to raise your time out? or if they will raise your max connections?
      Kind regards,
      Simon
      Microsoft Office Discussion

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...