X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dawgbonez
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

Registered Users' Edit Avatar Page Garbled

I'm running 3.8.5(as far as my license will let me)
    I've disabled all plugins and products...
    Happens with default skin or another that I loaded...

It shows and works fine for Admin, mods, and supermods... But for regular registered users' the avatar edit page is garbled...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Admin.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	3722271Click image for larger version

Name:	Reg_User.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	3722272
    I also noticed the same goes for being able to select style... The small box shows up in the bottom left corner for admin and mods, but not for registered users...
    Do I have some kind of permission problem?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Administrators, are gods of their own forums, they can do as they please and are generally not nearly as restricted as normal users.

For avatars, AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit your register usergroup and make sure thier avatar and profile picture permissions are set to allow them to upload avatars.

As for styles, AdmincP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Style & Language Settings > Allow users to change styles, yes.
    Then make sure any other styles you want to be displayed have a check box or are set to allow user selection > Yes.

Comment

• dawgbonez
      • Mar 2009
      • 3.8.x

Thanks a ton Zachery... I missed the usergroup setting to allow users to upload custom avatars... and it fixed the avatar issue...

For styles, I have allow users to change styles setting in Style and Language Settings checked...
      I'm not 100% sure about the second one.... I do have the checkbox's checked in Styles Manager... but I see no other option to allow user selection...
      It appears that only admin can change the styles....<--I've had to have missed something somewhere...

I appreciate your help....
      Last edited by dawgbonez; Mon 28 Nov '11, 6:39pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...