Clear All
  • G.I.JOE*MFA*
    • Jun 2002
    • 4.1.x

2 databases 1 server - one works great, cant login on 2nd

1 server
    2 databases

1 forum works fine
    2nd forum will not load, I get the 500 error page, cant login admincp, takes you too 500 page during login process, incorrect password it sends you to site but still unable to login when correct password is used, can not visit site, you get 500 error page

database 1 is a fresh install
    database 2 is from a different server and imported 2 2nd server

both databases use same files and directories, i just change the database info in the config.php

tools.php does not help clear cookies

ive gone through the database setting and datastore tables and changed the bburl - didnt change anything, i still get 500 error page on database 2 site

ive chagned the cookie settings in the config.php, no help

the original forum package was moved from site/forums to root of the new site (site.blah/forumindex.php). since its 3 sites hosted on 1 box i wanted the forums in the root directory. im mixing things up this time :P

since the impex is not working for me when i try to import 3 sites into 1 site (see my ImpEx posts in the vB4 area), im having to create a new test server so i can manually add the databases, but i cant even get it going. all 3 sites are live so i will not mess with their databases until i know i have a working product with all users and posts imported.

i would much rather get ImpEx working since it would be a lot easier than manually updating the databases wtih old content
    Last edited by G.I.JOE*MFA*; Sat 26 Nov '11, 3:33pm. Reason: added more info
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

If you're getting a 500 error, there should be an entry in your server's error logs - what is in those?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• G.I.JOE*MFA*
      • Jun 2002
      • 4.1.x

I got a fix. I downloaded a new backup of the problem forum. in notepad edited all the site1 listings to match site2. all is good now. guess I missed a few, especially those associated with login.
      imported the new database and all is good now. i can continue work.

Comment