X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diecastfast
    • Nov 2007
    • 3.6.x

Single Thread With 150,000 posts

Is there any reason why this isn't a good idea? I always heard the rumor that it's best to limit threads to 10k posts.

True or not?
  • Aachi
    • Aug 2007
    • 3.8.x

I think its not a good idea. Also not good for SEO.
    Mobile Phone Applications Download Fun and Entertainment

Comment

• donald1234
      • Oct 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by diecastfast
      Is there any reason why this isn't a good idea? I always heard the rumor that it's best to limit threads to 10k posts.

True or not?
      Be like war and peace. who's going to read all that?

Comment

• diecastfast
        • Nov 2007
        • 3.6.x

We have 15 threads locked and archived with all the same theme because I've always heard there's a soft 10k post limit per thread but if that's not true it'd be cool to have one thread with 150,000 posts.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

There isn't a hard limit in vBulletin, but in terms of PHP and database use I'd say 10K is a good number, you don't want threads to get out of hand- just lock it and ask people to continue in a new thread- still a good idea.

Whether you want to limit it to 10, 20k, or 100k, depends on how your server handles it.

I've got a 15K post thread personally and it seems to be stressing my shared server, i wouldn't want it to get much bigger.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...