View Counts updating for some threads but not others.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digitalhome
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.6.x

View Counts updating for some threads but not others.

Last week I moved from dedicated servers to a new "virtual" computing environment.Since that time, the View Counts don't seem to be updating.

To fix the problem I have tried the following.

First, Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URLThis is correct.

Second, I went into Admin CP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager -> Thread Views All scheduled tasks appear to be running. Thread views appears to be running every hour.

Third, Ran a repair on threadviews table. everything is okay.

Fourth, Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Update Thread Views ImmediatelySet it to update immediately.

When I tried the last one, it appears to work on some threads but not others. I can't be 100% sure but the threads it doesn't work on appears to be threads that were created since the move to the new computing environment.ON the older threads it appears to add 2 to the page views if I go in and then go back to the forum.
  • digitalhome
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.6.x

ran UPDATE 3thread
    SET views = replycount * 2
    WHERE views < replycount

And will review after next time Viewthreads task runs.

Comment

• digitalhome
      • Aug 2004
      • 3.6.x

Problem solved. It was a permission error on the MYSQL user. Found out when I tried to run the threadviews task manually and saw the MySQL error.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...