Signature Error Messages - vBulletin or Host problem?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Masamune.
    • Feb 2007

Signature Error Messages - vBulletin or Host problem?

I'm encountering a problem when users update/preview signatures. The following error code reads at the top of the page:

Code:
    Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in [path]/profile.php(2283) : eval()'d code on line 20

Warning: getimagesize([COLOR=#ff0000]*file name here for example*[/COLOR]) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in [path]/profile.php(2283) : eval()'d code on line 20
    It doesn't seem to actually affect anything but I'd rather not have a bunch of error code flashing at the top of the screen when people want to edit their signatures. Is this a vBulletin malfunction or something I need to contact my host about? If so, what exactly will they need to fix?

Many thanks,
    Wayne
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Line 2283 of profile.php in your version is this:

Code:
    [FONT=monospace]    ($hook = vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('profile_updatesignature_start')) ? eval($hook) : false;[/FONT]

This means a plugin using the 'profile_updatesignature_start' hook location is causing the issue. You need to go to:

AdminCP > Plugins & Products > Plugin Manager

...and find what plugin is using that location then speak to the author for support with this.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Masamune.
      • Feb 2007

Thank you, Trevor. Turns out it was a problem with this hack - HS External Signature Limiter.
      I'm not entirely sure what the malfunction is but I've disabled it for now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...