Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.8.x

Infrequently (around 1-2 times per week) I receive the following database error emailed to me:

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.8.7:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT user.avatarid, user.avatarrevision, avatarpath, NOT ISNULL(customavatar.userid) AS hascustom, customavatar.dateline,
                customavatar.width, customavatar.height, customavatar.width_thumb, customavatar.height_thumb
            FROM vb_user AS user
            LEFT JOIN vb_avatar AS avatar ON avatar.avatarid = user.avatarid
            LEFT JOIN vb_customavatar AS customavatar ON customavatar.userid = user.userid
            WHERE user.userid =;
    vb_tablename is the format of my tables.

I am using vB 3.8.7 PL2. Is it possible that a plugin is affecting this? Due to the intermittent nature of the message it probably wouldn't be feasible to disable them to test it.

Many thanks
    http://www.railforums.co.uk
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

What is the FULL error message? Do you have third party addons?

Comment

• Jan 2008
      • 3.8.x

Whoops. Sorry just realised I forgot there was more

Code:
      Database error in vBulletin 3.8.7:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT user.avatarid, user.avatarrevision, avatarpath, NOT ISNULL(customavatar.userid) AS hascustom, customavatar.dateline,
                  customavatar.width, customavatar.height, customavatar.width_thumb, customavatar.height_thumb
              FROM vb_user AS user
              LEFT JOIN vb_avatar AS avatar ON avatar.avatarid = user.avatarid
              LEFT JOIN vb_customavatar AS customavatar ON customavatar.userid = user.userid
              WHERE user.userid =;

MySQL Error   : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 6
      Error Number  : 1064
      Request Date  : Friday, November 18th 2011 @ 09:58:10 PM
      Error Date    : Friday, November 18th 2011 @ 09:58:10 PM
      Script        : http://www.Mydomain.co.uk/api.php?api_c=485&api_v=3&api_m=search_showresults&api_searchid=3179894&api_sig=4a2dda2a5ea60e37ad37a1d1c7deeb02
      Referrer      : 
      IP Address    : Removed
      Username      : Removed
      Classname     : vB_Database
      MySQL Version :
      I have a number of add-ons, all downloaded from vB.org, plus vBSEO and vB Mobile suite.
      http://www.railforums.co.uk

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

The error is from someone accessing the mobile api, and it looks like the users avatar can't be found. I haven't seen this error on a stock forum with the api.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...