X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TruthElixirX
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.6.x

Image Uploads Fail When Resizing Required

When trying to upload a custom avatar, if the image is larger than the size allowed, vBulletin attempts to resize it. This results in a broken image with a red x.

I can upload an image just fine if it is at or below the allowed image sizes and no resizing needs to take place.

For example:

Go to User CP, edit avatar, and upload a custom one that is 220 x 220 (the max allowable size), the custom avatar is uploaded just fine and is set as the user's avatar.

If I try to upload an image that is 220 x 221, it seems to "work", but the resulting avatar is a red x.

This also happens with attachments.

At first I thought it was an issue with GD, but I looked for a quick little script to see if resizing was working with GD and it is (Tried this little tutorial: http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/ph...easy-with-php/ and it worked exactly as it should).

I also have no error messages in my error logs centered around this issue. Only errors are about some memory allocations on threads that I am trying to fix.

I have completely re-uploaded all my vBulletin files and tried disabling the plugin/hook system and the problem persists. This started happening after a server move, so I am not sure if there is some sort of variable somewhere I need to change for the new server.

Also, image captchas are broken as well, throwing up the same red x. Nothing in error log on this either.

Any ideas?

NOTE:

I also tried a simple image captcha script here:

http://www.phpjabbers.com/captcha-im...ion-php19.html

And it works fine as well.

EDIT:

Also I tried setting my image library to none instead of GD and tried to upload. Still no luck.
    Last edited by TruthElixirX; Sat 16 Nov '13, 3:41pm.
  • TruthElixirX
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.6.x

Bump. Someone has to have some ideas.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

You more than likely have a UTF-8 bom in your config.php file. You'll need to edit, and save it in ASCII mode, in your editor of choice, and then remove it. That or start wih a fresh config.php file

Comment

• TruthElixirX
        • Sep 2004
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Zachery
        You more than likely have a UTF-8 bom in your config.php file. You'll need to edit, and save it in ASCII mode, in your editor of choice, and then remove it. That or start wih a fresh config.php file
        I grabbed a completely new config file, set the encoding to ANSI in Notepad++. Uploaded it, problem still persists.

Comment

• TruthElixirX
          • Sep 2004
          • 3.6.x

Anymore ideas? It has to be some sort of path issue since I can get other GD programs to work fine. I just can't figure out where to look. I feel like I have checked everywhere.

Comment

• oedipean
            • May 2008
            • 3.0.0 Beta 7

No ideas. But same problem .
            I cant attach big PDF file for example. and also small images.
            GD works fine. but attachment fails with no error.
            Last edited by oedipean; Tue 3 Dec '13, 11:06am.

Comment