X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burgess
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.6.x

Spam links in the signature field

We had to stop people using the Home Page link as they were using it to put in spam links.

Now they are putting it in the Signature page on the About Me part of the profile.

How can I stop this. Not allowing users to use a signature, just stops them putting it in their post, but the link remains in their profile, I think

Brendan
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

You can clear the text out of the database but this would be for everyone. Going forward, you could use a usergroup promotion so that users can only either use signatures or add links to them after a certain number of posts
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Burgess
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.6.x

Hi Trevor

Thanks for that. That works fine. They can still put text in the "location" and "interests" fields but as these are not hyperlinks, that won't be of any benefit.

Comment

• Burgess
        • Mar 2005
        • 3.6.x

They are now putting links in the ICQ field. Is it possible to disable that?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

No, you will need to edit the fields out of the template to stop people filling information in there.
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...