X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bnji
    • Nov 2011
    • 3.8.x

Strip a thread of BBCODE

Hi all. I need an easy way to remove ALL BBCODE from a thread without just deleting the thread. It seems some of my members took to spamming a custom BBCODE. The thread has around 30,000 replies so I can't go through and edit each post manually. I've tried creating a forum with BBCODE disabled and moving the thread to it but that didn't seem to work.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Edit the thread. Highlight the text and click the Remove Format button in the toolbar. The button is the second from the left and has 2 A's overlaid with a red X or cross.

Sorry that is the only way. There is no strip BBCode function.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bnji
      • Nov 2011
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Edit the thread. Highlight the text and click the Remove Format button in the toolbar. The button is the second from the left and has 2 A's overlaid with a red X or cross.

Sorry that is the only way. There is no strip BBCode function.
      Not sure if I'm missing something but that only lets me do it per post? Is that the only way to do it? Should probably mention I'm running vB 3.8.7 PL2. Thanks.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

There is no way to strip bbcode from a whole bunch of posts with one click. The only thing I can think to do is to write and run a query to do that. If you need help writing the query, the best place to ask is over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...