X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kirkus
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

Can't upload product xml - invalid file

I've copied my 3.8.7PL2 forum under a different domain name on the same server as a test forum. I'm unable to import a product xml file using the Product Manager. I receive a "invalid file specified" error. I've tried both options to import the xml file.

I've run the upload diagnostic without a problem... the diagnostic passed.

I'm running identical forums on the same server using the same versions of MySQL and PHP. I don't have the same problem on the live forum.

Does anyone know what my the cause of this?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

When you copied the forum, did you create a new database for this test site? And did you change the Forum URL in the settings area for it? Is there anything in the error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Kirkus
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

Hi Lynne. Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I've wasted your time. I decided to try the import again, to retrace my steps, and discovered that last night I was trying to import the "cp_nav" XML file and NOT the "product_" XML file. I'm so sorry for wasting your time like that.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You don't need to import cp_nav.xml files. They are read automatically as long as they exist in the includes/xml folder.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Kirkus
          • Mar 2007
          • 3.6.x

Thanks for the reply, Wayne. Yeah, I knew that. I've been administrating vBulletin forums for about six years now and I just had a brain-freeze. I don't know what I was thinking. Again, sorry for the unnecessary thread.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kirkus
            Hi Lynne. Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I've wasted your time. I decided to try the import again, to retrace my steps, and discovered that last night I was trying to import the "cp_nav" XML file and NOT the "product_" XML file. I'm so sorry for wasting your time like that.
            Gee, I've never done that!

<-- has done that before!

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Kirkus
              Thanks for the reply, Wayne. Yeah, I knew that. I've been administrating vBulletin forums for about six years now and I just had a brain-freeze. I don't know what I was thinking. Again, sorry for the unnecessary thread.
              Not unnecessary. If someone has the same problem in the future, they could find this.

I've tried to import plugins as products and vice versa.. It still complains.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...