X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kirkus
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

How to log out a user

Hello, I'm currently running version 3.8.1. I banned a spammer this morning and he/she is still logged in. Is there a way to log him/her out of my forum?
  • TheNewOne
    • Aug 2011

delete all his posts then delete him

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

If he clicked the Remember Me box, then he is getting logged in via cookies. The only way to log him out is if you want to log out all your users and change the cookie prefix via your config.php file. (Not recommended unless you want to upset your current members. And, btw, he is only logged in as a banned user, not a registered user.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Kirkus
        • Mar 2007
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by TheNewOne
        delete all his posts then delete him
        Originally posted by Lynne
        If he clicked the Remember Me box, then he is getting logged in via cookies. The only way to log him out is if you want to log out all your users and change the cookie prefix via your config.php file. (Not recommended unless you want to upset your current members. And, btw, he is only logged in as a banned user, not a registered user.)
        Thank you both for your replies. I wouldn't go near the cookie prefix if my life depended on it. LOL. I made that mistake once a long time ago.

I didn't want to delete his account because I didn't want him reregistering. But having him showing up as logged in was just bugging me. I ended up deleting his account, which did the trick.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I really appreciate the help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...