X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gladius
    • Dec 2002
    • 3.8.x

Limit uploading of attachments to a single forum only

What would be the easiest way to limit uploading of attachments to a single forum and its subforums only?
    Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

In Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions, you can edit the usergroup link for your registered users (or whatever groups you want to limit) and take away the ability to upload attachments in the forums you don't want.

Note, if members are part of multiple groups (secondary groups) you need to remove the permission from every group they are member of to step uploading attachments. The way permissions work is any *yes* overrides every other no they may have.

Comment

• Gladius
      • Dec 2002
      • 3.8.x

Ugh, I think I remember now why I never did this. Basically, I'd need to manually turn it off for all the 100 forums I want excluded, right?
      Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Well if the forums are in a category you can turn it off for the entire category and just do custom permissions for the 1 forum you want to keep it on for. Unless you have 100 forums in 100 different categories it shouldn't be all that much work.

Comment

• Gladius
          • Dec 2002
          • 3.8.x

Ahh, got it, thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...