X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • waterwheel
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.6.x

Legacy vB trying to run vBAPI but vbBlogs is 2.0.2

When the vBulletin Mobile Suite was first released, I bought a liscense, but it did not work with my server set up. Now that some time has passed, and some updates have been made, I was going to give it another go. When I tried to install the vB API, I got the following error:

The vBulletin API requires you upgrade the vBulletin Blog product to 2.0.4 or higher before installing or upgrading!
    When I go to the members area to download Blogs 2.0.4, the latest version I see is 2.0.2. Where can I find 2.0.4?

Thank you,

WW
    "Oh, so they have internet on computers now!" --Homer.

• waterwheel
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.6.x

:crickets:

If I have purchased the vB Blog software and vB Mobile Suite, why can't I access the most recent version of vB Blogs? The latest option available is 2.0.2, but vB MS tells me I need 2.0.4 to continue installation.

Could someone from vB let me know how I can download 2.0.4? I don't want to uninstall the blogs, because my members use them, but I don't want to choose between blogs or a mobile app.

Should I just spoof the version number to 2.0.4r and see what happens? My guess is that there are functions that will fail if I go that route.

Thanks in advance,

WW

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You can download the most recent version of the blog addon related to when your vBulletin 3 Owned License expired for updates. It has always been this way.

What is your email address?
      Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 17 Sep '13, 8:46am.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• waterwheel
        • Oct 2004
        • 3.6.x

Hi Wayne,

My owned license expired in '09, so I guess that's the issue.

Do I need to upgrade to vB5 to gain access?

Also, do I need to buy the vB5 bundle, or will my current vB Mobile Suite license still suffice?

Thank you for your response,

WW

PS - My email address is [email protected].
        Last edited by waterwheel; Tue 17 Sep '13, 12:31pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...