X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riderbook
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.5.x

attachment issues

It has come to my attention that some of the attachments on the forum are broken after multiple server migrations.

This is the error msg we get while trying to open some of the older attachments:
    Code:
    [B]Warning[/B]: fopen(/home/acbs/public_html/attachments/1/9/8/1049.attach) [[URL="http://www.bestforumz.com/forum/function.fopen"]function.fopen[/URL]]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [B][path]/attachment.php[/B] on line [B]283[/B]
    Is there anything I could do ? And how to fix it if possible
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

It seems your attachments were stored in the file system, did you make sure you copied them over when you changed servers? Just copying the database wouldn't have brought the attachments.

Comment

• riderbook
      • Oct 2006
      • 3.5.x

yes I had zipped/rar the attachments folder and untarred on my new servers.
      But yeah, I had made the change of storing attachments from db into file to decrease loads on the server. But that was long ago, I don't know how long we are having this error but only for certain files we have this error, rest of them dating more than 3yrs old are also opening up fine.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Verify via FTP if the file /home/acbs/public_html/attachments/1/9/8/1049.attach actually exists.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...