Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rlopez
    • Feb 2010

SMTP Email

We recently ungraded our mail server to Exchange 2010 and I can not get the email settings configured correctly to send emails.
    I had been using the SMTP email with no problems before. I think the problem is related to the SMTP Secure Connection setting. None, SSL, TLS. Here are the errors I receive using each option when sending the diagnostics email.
    None:
    The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.
    The following errors were outputted by PHP when attempting to send mail:

Warning: 530 Unexpected response from SMTP server during FROM address transmission in [path]\includes\class_mail.php on line 615
    SSL:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:140770FC:SSL routines:func(119):reason(252) in[path]\includes\class_mail.php on line 649

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: Failed to enable crypto in [path]\includes\class_mail.php on line 649

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to ssl://mail.xxx.com:25 (Unknown error) in [path]\includes\class_mail.php on line 649

Warning: Unable to connect to SMTP server in [path]\includes\class_mail.php on line 615

TLS:

Warning: 550 Unexpected response from SMTP server when ending transmission in [path]\includes\class_mail.php on line 615
    I believe that the Exchange 2010 requires SSL where the older Exchange did not before. Any suggestions as to what to look at?

Thanks,
    Rich
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Error code 530 means Authentication Required. So you weren't authenticating properly

The SSL error appears to be that OPEN_SSL is not available in PHP and the extension needs to be enabled in the php.ini file.

Error code 550 means that the server is unable to relay your message. This can be a configuration issue or by trying to use a disabled email account.

Make sure you're using valid email accounts with a valid password entered.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment