X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woostar
    • Aug 2006

Allow User Privacy Options

Hi there,

I have some custom fields set up to display in postbit_legacy. They are all grouped together and I have 'Allow User Privacy Options' ticked.
    This is what I have in postbit_legacy:
    Code:
    <if condition="$post['field9']"><div class="pbbar">$post[field9]</div></if>
    <if condition="$post['field7']"><div class="pbbar">$post[field7]</div></if>
    <if condition="$post['field8']"><div class="pbbar">$post[field8]</div></if>
    <if condition="$post['field10']"><div class="pbbar">$post[field10]</div></if>
    I'm obviously missing the condition that is controls 'Allow User Privacy Options' as I can't turn off the info for guests etc.

Can you tell me what to put around this code to allow privacy controls.

Code:
    Edit User Profile Field Category Stats (id 1)

Many Thanks
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Sorry, I don't understand what the exact problem is? What is this allow user privacy options that you're talking about?

Profile fields are either public, or not public, pretty much. If you've set them to private, they shouldn't be showing at all.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You can surround them with <if condition="$show[member]"> your stuff here... </if>
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• woostar
        • Aug 2006

When you add custom profile fields, you can group them using 'Profile Field Categories'.

When you add a category you have the option of 'Allow User Privacy Options (Allow users to hide the category in their profile from other users of their choosing.)'. In the UserCP members can then select who can see data they've put in the 'custom fields'.

Example:
        Everyone
        Registered Members
        Your Contacts
        Your Friends

These conditions do not work. You can select 'Your Contacts' and everyone (including guests) can still see custom profile fields.

I don't want to use $show[member], I want vB abide by it's privacy setting (it seems to ignore member settings).

Regards,
        W.>

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

It only works where the software does it specifically, if you explicitly try to display a profile field you have to include those custom checks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...