X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcomrc
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.8.x

some albums are not visible to registered users

some albums are not visible to registered users, these albums are set as public (visible only for registered users), but the message that is given is as if they were private:

Invalid Album specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Thanks for solution to the problem
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Check Usergroup > Registered Users > and what do you have set for Can View Albums? Also, be aware that users may set their own privacy on the albums when they create them. They have the option to make them Public or Private (Only visible to contacts and moderators). So, even if the Registered Users are allowed to View Albums, they may not be able to view and album that was set to Private when the user created it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• marcomrc
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.8.x

Registered users are allowed to watch the albums .... the albums are set as visible public .... This event occurs only for a few albums and I do not understand why.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

If you are positive the album owners are not setting these to private and if you have ticket support, then you should put in a ticket so we can look at this.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• aciurczak
          • May 2005
          • 3.8.x

I'm seeing the same issue on at least one album on my site. It is marked as public, I can see it as an admin user, but registered users and those who aren't logged in see "invalid album specified" error as described earlier in this thread. I've optimized/repaired the db and checked permissions, and I can't explain why it's still happening.
          www.montgomerybikers.com / www.ninjette.org / www.cal24.com

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Check to see if the owner of the album has set it so only contacts may see the album.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...