X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TruthElixirX
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.6.x

Security Token Error On Mark As Read

I am getting the following error when I try clicking the "mark forum read" in the Forum Tools inside of a forum page.

The code I have looks like this:

Code:
    <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]&amp;f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow" onclick="return mark_forum_read($foruminfo[forumid]);">$vbphrase[mark_this_forum_read]</a></td></tr>
    and this

Code:
    	<a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]&amp;f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[mark_this_forum_read]</a>
    the

Code:
    &amp;markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]
    Is in both links, I am not sure why I am getting it. I do not get security token errors else where.

Any help?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Sticky at the top of the forum:

Invalid Security Token Error on Mark Forums Read

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• TruthElixirX
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.6.x

I followed that. Did you look at my links? They look like what is in the sticky. I just pasted both into WinMerge to check. The only difference is &amp;f=$foruminfo[forumid] because these are the forum tools mark forums as read links for individual forums.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

If you create a new default style with no parent style and switch to that, do you have the same problem?
        Vote for:

Comment

• TruthElixirX
          • Sep 2004
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
          If you create a new default style with no parent style and switch to that, do you have the same problem?
          Yeah. Whenever I create a brand new default style with no parent it doesn't even have the security token part in the URL. I tried it without that and then editing it in and it still happens. I am running 3.8.5.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Which template is that you're editing?
            Vote for:

Comment

• TruthElixirX
              • Sep 2004
              • 3.6.x

I have been very busy, my apologies.

Anyways, I was editing the FORUMDISPLAY template. This area:

Code:
              <!-- forum tools menu -->
              <div class="vbmenu_popup" id="forumtools_menu" style="display:none">
              <form action="moderator.php?f=$forumid" method="post" name="forumadminform">
              	<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">
              	<tr><td class="thead">$vbphrase[forum_tools]<a name="goto_forumtools"></a></td></tr>
              	<if condition="$show['newthreadlink']"><tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="newthread.php?$session[sessionurl]do=newthread&amp;f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[post_a_new_thread]</a></td></tr></if>
              	<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]&amp;f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow" onclick="return mark_forum_read($foruminfo[forumid]);">$vbphrase[mark_this_forum_read]</a></td></tr>
              	<tr>
              		<td class="vbmenu_option">
              		<if condition="$show['subscribed_to_forum']">
              			<a href="subscription.php?$session[sessionurl]do=removesubscription&amp;f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[unsubscribe_from_this_forum]</a>
              		<else />
              			<a href="subscription.php?$session[sessionurl]do=addsubscription&amp;f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[subscribe_to_this_forum]</a>
              		</if>
              		</td>
              	</tr>
              	<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$foruminfo[parentid]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[view_parent_forum]</a></td></tr>
              	<if condition="$show['adminoptions']">
              	<tr>
              		<td class="thead">$vbphrase[admin_tools]<a name="goto_forumadmin"></a></td>
              	</tr>
              	<tr>
              		<td class="vbmenu_option" title="nohilite">
              		<if condition="$show['post_queue']"><div><label for="fa_mpo"><input type="radio" name="do" id="fa_mpo" value="modposts" checked="checked" />$vbphrase[view_posts_queue]</label></div></if>
              		<if condition="$show['attachment_queue']"><div><label for="fa_mat"><input type="radio" name="do" id="fa_mat" value="modattach" />$vbphrase[view_attachment_queue]</label></div></if>
              		<if condition="$show['mass_move']"><div><label for="fa_mov"><input type="radio" name="do" id="fa_mov" value="move" />$vbphrase[massmove_threads]</label></div></if>
              		<if condition="$show['mass_prune']"><div><label for="fa_prn"><input type="radio" name="do" id="fa_prn" value="prune" />$vbphrase[massprune_threads]</label></div></if>
              		<if condition="$show['addmoderator']">
              		<div><label for="fa_amd"><input type="radio" name="do" id="fa_amd" value="addmoderator" />$vbphrase[add_moderator]</label></div>
              		</if>
              		<if condition="$show['post_new_announcement']">
              		<div><label for="fa_pan"><input type="radio" name="do" id="fa_pan" value="postannouncement" />$vbphrase[post_new_announcement]</label></div>
              		</if>
              		</td>
              	</tr>
              	<tr>
              		<td class="vbmenu_option" title="nohilite" align="center">
              			<input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />
              			<input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" />
              			<input type="hidden" name="f" value="$forumid" />
              			<input type="submit" class="button" value="$vbphrase[perform_action]" />
              		</td>
              	</tr>
              	</if>
              	</table>
              </form>
              </div>
              <!-- / forum tools menu -->

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Change:

Code:
                <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]&amp;f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow" onclick="return mark_forum_read($foruminfo[forumid]);">$vbphrase[mark_this_forum_read]</a>
                to this:

Code:
                <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;f=$foruminfo[forumid]&amp;markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" rel="nofollow" onclick="return mark_forum_read($foruminfo[forumid]);">$vbphrase[mark_this_forum_read]</a>
                Vote for:

Comment

• Paul M
                  Former Lead Developer
                  vB.Com & vB.Org
                  • Sep 2004

There is a bug within the mark read javascript that could cause this in certain situations, its fixed in 418.
                  Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

This is 3.8.5 Paul?
                    Vote for:

Comment

• Paul M
                      Former Lead Developer
                      vB.Com & vB.Org
                      • Sep 2004

So it is.

The security token on mark read was only added in 3.8.5, and a number of areas were missed and fixed in 386/387.

Some are covered in the original Jira issue.

Comment

• TruthElixirX
                        • Sep 2004
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                        Change:

Code:
                        <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]&f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow" onclick="return mark_forum_read($foruminfo[forumid]);">$vbphrase[mark_this_forum_read]</a>
                        to this:

Code:
                        <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&f=$foruminfo[forumid]&markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" rel="nofollow" onclick="return mark_forum_read($foruminfo[forumid]);">$vbphrase[mark_this_forum_read]</a>
                        Didn't work. Same error.

Originally posted by Paul M
                        So it is.

The security token on mark read was only added in 3.8.5, and a number of areas were missed and fixed in 386/387.

Some are covered in the original Jira issue.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIII-12704

I looked through JIRA and saw where zCarot [RU] posted his fix but Paul said:

You would be ill advised to try editing the compressed version. Download the full version if you want to edit it.
                        Where is the uncompressed version? In the member's area?

Comment

• Paul M
                          Former Lead Developer
                          vB.Com & vB.Org
                          • Sep 2004

Uncompressed is an option on the download page.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...