How to create a backup of attachments (Files & Images)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChiNa
    • Jul 2012
    • 3.8.x

How to create a backup of attachments (Files & Images)?

Dear vB Support!

My webhosting company does not provide file backups, it means I have to backup my files in Parts, and Its really annoying me because I can only back up 20 MBS at a time. The only time I backup my forum is when I know we have had many Attachment Uploads, such as (Files & Images)!

So if I can save time by only backing up my ATTACHMENTS instead of the whole site then that would save me lots of work! But just to make sure, Which Folders I should take a BACKUP.

Ps, my attachments are being saved a "File" on my FTP ROOT in "Attachments" folder, and not in Database!

Could you please confirm and tell me WHICH of the folders on my FTP I should backup when I know we have had many Attachment uploads as Files and Images?

Thank you very much in advance!

Check some of my work on vBulletin.org by CLICKING HERE!
    I dedicate my work and passion to those who have helped me and made me become the person I am today! From Coders, Designers to amazing Websites and Forums who always been there for me! Forever Greatfull!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

If your attachments are in the filesystem in a directory called /Attachments, then you need to back up the contents of that directory if you wish to have a backup of your Attachments.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• ChiNa
      • Jul 2012
      • 3.8.x

Thanks a Lot Lynne for the response! Glad to know! I thought there are different folders!

Ps, Glad to see you still doing your great job on here Lynne! God Bless
      Check some of my work on vBulletin.org by CLICKING HERE!
      I dedicate my work and passion to those who have helped me and made me become the person I am today! From Coders, Designers to amazing Websites and Forums who always been there for me! Forever Greatfull!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...