• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

The user can check his own subscriptions here: subscription.php?folderid=0

Comment

• attroll
      • Jan 2003
      • 4.2.X

I have tested this myself after my users have complained that they were not getting the Daily subscription notification emails.
      I subscribed to a forum and set it to Daily Notifications.
      I verified that there was a new post posted in that forum.
      The Daily Digest ran at 00:02 and I did not receive any notification in my email.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Post #9 is still applicable. Next step is to check the server email logs and setup the vB email logs.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

We're there new threads posted to the forum after you subscribed and before the email went out?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by attroll
            I have tested this myself after my users have complained that they were not getting the Daily subscription notification emails.
            I subscribed to a forum and set it to Daily Notifications.
            I verified that there was a new post posted in that forum.
            The Daily Digest ran at 00:02 and I did not receive any notification in my email.
            Did you create the new post? The system is smart enough to not send the email if the only new posts are by the user that would receive the email.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• attroll
              • Jan 2003
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              Did you create the new post? The system is smart enough to not send the email if the only new posts are by the user that would receive the email.
              No I did not create the new post. Another user created the new post.
              My email is working. Let me explain a little further in case I did not before.

If I subscribe to a thread with "instant email notifications" and someone replies to it then I do get email notifications.
              If I subscribe to a forum with "daily notifications" and someone replies in the forum then I do not get email notifications daily like I am suppose to.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Then as I said before post #9 is still applicable. Nothing has changed.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by attroll
                  No I did not create the new post. Another user created the new post.
                  My email is working. Let me explain a little further in case I did not before.

If I subscribe to a thread with "instant email notifications" and someone replies to it then I do get email notifications.
                  If I subscribe to a forum with "daily notifications" and someone replies in the forum then I do not get email notifications daily like I am suppose to.
                  You have all your scheduled tasks enabled and working properly?
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• attroll
                    • Jan 2003
                    • 4.2.X

Steve and Wayne, thank you for the help. I think I might have this problem solved. I found that on my serve that it was limited to sending only 90 mails per hour. I raised that and made it unlimited. I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping this was the problem. I will be watching it for the next day or two to see if the problem is resolved. I will keep you posted.

Comment

• attroll
                      • Jan 2003
                      • 4.2.X

I wanted to follow up and let you know that that was my problem. Once I raised my hourly email limit on my server then all the mail was getting delivered. Thank you for your patients.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

Glad to hear it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...