X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • attroll
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

Forum subscription

I am subscribed to one of my forums. This way when someone post to any thread under that forum I get a email notification. How can I check to see how often I get notified?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Count the number of emails?

Seriously, there is no logging of that activity.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• attroll
      • Jan 2003
      • 4.2.X

I want to find out if it is set to daily or weekly. Is there any way of finding out so that I can change it?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

If it's a forums subscription, it's sent daily or weekly, depending on which option you chose.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• attroll
          • Jan 2003
          • 4.2.X

Steve, I am sorry if I was not clear. I believe i have it set to weekly. Is there a way to change it to daily?

Comment

• attroll
            • Jan 2003
            • 4.2.X

One of my users says he not getting his notifications daily like he is suppose to. I want to check to see how he has subscribed to them.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

If you check their profile in AdminCP > Users and scroll down to 'Browsing Options', this will let you see their profile settings.

If they're only subscribing to a specific thread/forum, I don't know of a way to view this without going into the database.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• attroll
                • Jan 2003
                • 4.2.X

Trevor, thank you for trying to help.

I have discovered that my users are not getting their daily and weekly notifications for those that are subscribed to forums. I had previously enabled suphp. Will this have anything to do with this problem?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

vB uses the server for it's email. Assuming you have not disabled emails in the Admin CP or in config.php, then if there are problems the issue is either with the server itself or on the receiving end.

Please see this page for help troubleshooting email problems:

Vote for:

Comment

• attroll
                    • Jan 2003
                    • 4.2.X

Emails are getting sent out from VB and the server. This I know because I get instant email notifications when someone replies to a thread that I am subscribed to. It seems that then when some one subscribes to a top level forum and there only options for subscription are Daily and Weekly, then these mails are not getting sent.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

Are the Scheduled Tasks enabled for these and running OK? Have you tried setting up the Email Logging to a file as per that link to see if they're actually being sent?
                      Vote for:

Comment

• attroll
                        • Jan 2003
                        • 4.2.X

Trevor
                        I am a little confused by what you saying now. Could you please explain.

All my scheduled task are enabled. Which scheduled task would that fall under?
                        How do I set up email logging as per the link you are referring to?
                        Is that done on the server or somewhere in VB?

Thank you for working with me on this.

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                        Are the Scheduled Tasks enabled for these and running OK? Have you tried setting up the Email Logging to a file as per that link to see if they're actually being sent?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

The Daily Digest and Weekly Digest scheduled tasks send these.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• attroll
                            • Jan 2003
                            • 4.2.X

They are both check marked and set to run on. They seem to be right.
                            Daily = 0 * * *
                            Weekly = 0 * * Mon

Is there any way to test these two cron jobs to see if they are getting run. I did a manual by clicking RUN ME NOW and all it said was DONE.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

What is the last time run? These are automatically logged by default, so have you checked the scheduled task logs?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...