Trying to move and upgrade forums and I am unable to see content in Development site

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rktsd
    • Feb 2013
    • 3.8.x

Trying to move and upgrade forums and I am unable to see content in Development site

Our current live site is using vB 3.52 with custom styles. I want to upgrade and test everything on a local (Dev) install of vB, move content to the new web host, and then change DNS effectively turning off our old forums. I am able to import the forum database backup into the Dev site. I studied both the move and upgrade documents and though vB starts in 3.8X, it will not show any users, threads, etc that are a part of the current live site. What else needs to happen in order to see the live site content in my Dev environment?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

When you moved over, you did update the config.php file to point to the correct dev database?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• rktsd
      • Feb 2013
      • 3.8.x

Yes, I updated the config.php file. This error occurred after the move while trying to navigate to the forums. I'm guessing that the Dev environment is newer and thus incompatible with the vB from the Live environment. The Dev environment is Xampp 1.81 PHP 5.4.7.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\init.php on line 43
      Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\init.php on line 82
      Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\init.php on line 86
      Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\init.php on line 98
      Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\init.php on line 102
      Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\init.php on line 172
      Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\init.php on line 371
      Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\class_core.php on line 1077

Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\class_core.php on line 1077
      Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\class_core.php on line 2271
      Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\class_core.php on line 1470
      Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\class_core.php on line 2274

I ran the vBulletin upgrade procedure to try and fix the above issue. The upgrade finishes without a displayed error but I'm left with a brand new forum; no old Threads, Posts or the custom style that we use in the Live environment.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

VB 3.8.7 does not support PHP 5.4 but if you manually edit the init.php annd class_core.php on the line numbers listed in the error and just delete the & next to the = and re-save the file it should run.

Comment

• rktsd
          • Feb 2013
          • 3.8.x

I edited as instructed and the lines in the error message referring to the php.ini file, no longer appear. However, I only found one instance of the & in the class_core.php file; i removed the instance but there is still an error. Here is what now shows when navigating to the forum web page.

Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\class_core.php on line 1077

Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\class_core.php on line 1077

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\class_core.php on line 1470

Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\includes\class_core.php on line 2274

Comment

• rktsd
            • Feb 2013
            • 3.8.x

I downloaded and old version of Xampp, version 1.52. This works with the database and the forum content now works in the Dev site. I'll try and run through the upgrade process to see if I can get the vB environment upgraded to work with later versions of Apache, MySQL, and PHP because I don't know if any current hosting service will downgrade. Please let me know if I'm on the right track or what I can do to upgrade to vB 4.x or 3.8x.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...