Deprecated errors, attachment errors, and other errors after moving to new server

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobH
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.6.x

Deprecated errors, attachment errors, and other errors after moving to new server

Hello, our forum is having some some problems. Version is 3.8.7 patch level 3

What lead up to problems : High server load. Host said was outdated and needed to upgrade to Centos 64 bit. We agreed and put in work order.

Host moved us to new server, but during migration of existing data, old hard drive crashed. All info was lost

Tried to install full website backup via WHM, failed.

Tried to open .tar file on my desktop, failed.

Was able to unzip backup file using GUI tar.

Uploaded all backup files to server.

Restored database backup.

Configured Config.php to new settings. Forum now was online.

Custom skins broken. Was able to fix by simply going into the CSS manager and pushing "save CSS" button for each individual skin.

But we have errors when editing existing posts, when posting new threads,

and while new attachment uploads work fine, our old attachments do not show, even though they are on the server. We are using the file system

uor member albums work fine, but aren't those images stored in same folder as the attachments ? Old attachments do not show but old member album images do show.

Some of the errors we receive :

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 55

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 107

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 111

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 119

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 130

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 134

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 142

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 211

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 389

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 2552

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/init.php:55) in [path]/arcade.php on line 97

Warning: stristr() [function.stristr]: needle is not a string or an integer in [path]/arcade.php on line 5550

When posting new thread :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/includes/functions_newpost.php(623) : eval()'d code on line 23

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/includes/functions_newpost.php(623) : eval()'d code
    Line: 23

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/editpost.php(328) : eval()'d code on line 24

when opening old pre server-move attachment

Warning: fopen(/home/thecanna/attachments/2/8/3/21698.attach) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/attachment.php on line 283

Please help, any info greatly appreciated. Server is running on Centos 64 bit and running PHP version 5.3.21

Thinking some files might be corrupted, I uploaded all new Vbulletin 3.8.7 pl3 files, excluding the images folder, and the install file.

Thank you !
    Last edited by RobH; Sat 2 Mar '13, 8:56am.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

This is weird because VB 3.8.7 shouldn't get those errors... VB 3.8.4 and below would get those errors on PHP 5.3.x. But by 3.8.7 VB was compatible with 3.8.7.

When you say you re-uploaded the 3.8.7 files, did you download a fresh copy from the Member's Area and upload them?

What you can do is manually edit the init.php file and edit the lines in the error- in each line you simply remove the &.

For example line 55 is this:

PHP Code:
    $vbulletin =& new vB_Registry(); 

make it

PHP Code:
    $vbulletin = new vB_Registry(); 

instead. Make all the changes in all the files it lists and re-save and re-upload the files. Those errors should go away.

The header errors will go away once all the errors above them are resolved.

Comment

• RobH
      • Nov 2006
      • 3.6.x

Hello Joe, thank you for your help. Yes, I downloaded 3.8 7 pl3 from members area, and uploaded all new files excluding images, install.php

When you say "Make all the changes in all the files it lists", are you referring to editing lines in the init.php file ? Or editing other actual uploaded files ?

Thank you !

Comment

• RobH
        • Nov 2006
        • 3.6.x

Ahh, in the files listed in the deprecation errors, i believe ? I edited the init.php file and removed all the ampersands that followed the = and most of the errors disappeared. I see one error still refers to class_core.php so I'll go edit that.

Comment

• RobH
          • Nov 2006
          • 3.6.x

Question, do I want to edit the ampersand from text like this ? : (&$registry)

edit : nevermind, just edit in the lines listed in the error message.

Comment

• RobH
            • Nov 2006
            • 3.6.x

Okeedokee, me again. Was able to remove the Depraction errors

However, with error message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/includes/functions_newpost.php(623) : eval()'d code on line 23

and vbulletin message

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
            File: /home/thecanna/public_html/forums/includes/functions_newpost.php(623) : eval()'d code
            Line: 23

when I go to edit functions_newpost.php, line 23, there is no ampersand. Line 23 shows as follows :

// returns the icons chooser for posting new messages

How would I fix this ?

Thank you !

Comment

• RobH
              • Nov 2006
              • 3.6.x

Hmm, I just ran diagnostics/suspect file versions and found a lot of them mismatched...

File version mismatch: found 3.8.7, expected 3.8.7 Patch Level 3

will verify downloaded vbulletin version and reupload ! !

Comment

• RobH
                • Nov 2006
                • 3.6.x

Okay, uploaded new files, but did not remove error messages. But diagnostics now finds no mismatched files, just unrecognized files from our add-ons.

I then edited the "&" from all instances of "=&" from class_core.php and all our error mesages are gone (yay!) including the cookie/header error, editing existing post error, posting new thread error,etc. All fixed

However, we still have a bug where all the attachments on the server uploaded before our restore are not visible. Only shows links instead of thumbnails, then when the link is clicked we get

"Warning: fopen(/home/thecanna/attachments/2/8/3/46357.attach) [[URL="http://www.xxxxx.com/forums/function.fopen"]function.fopen[/URL="http://www.xxxx.com/forums/function.fopen"]]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/attachment.php on line 283"

but as mentioned, new uploads are working fine and visible and our member albums does not have the bug and all of the pre-crash images in the member albums are visible and working.
                Last edited by RobH; Sat 2 Mar '13, 2:14pm.

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

Try Maintenance > General Update Tools > Rebuild attachment thumbnails.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------
                  My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                  My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• RobH
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 3.6.x

Okay, running the rebuild thumbnails feature, but 99.9 % of the files being processed say "Error : Attachment Missing"

but I have over 10 gigs of images in the attachments folder on the server.

Attachment folder and all contents are CHMOD'd to 777

New attachments since the restore are showing and working properly, so I don't think its a path issue ?

Comment

• RobH
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by RobH
                      Okay, running the rebuild thumbnails feature, but 99.9 % of the files being processed say "Error : Attachment Missing" but I have over 10 gigs of images in the attachments folder on the server. Attachment folder and all contents are CHMOD'd to 777 New attachments since the restore are showing and working properly, so I don't think its a path issue ?
                      Bump

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                        • Jul 2008

First- Sorry I missed so much and glad you made it this far,

The attachment missing error pretty much means it can't find an attachment it is looking for- for whatever reason it has either been deleted, moved, or corrupted.

You said you restored the system- if attachments are stored in the file system are you sure the files got restored? Restoring the database will not restore the file system- you need to have a separate backup of the file system and it needs to be separately restored.

Comment

• RobH
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
                          First- Sorry I missed so much and glad you made it this far, The attachment missing error pretty much means it can't find an attachment it is looking for- for whatever reason it has either been deleted, moved, or corrupted. You said you restored the system- if attachments are stored in the file system are you sure the files got restored? Restoring the database will not restore the file system- you need to have a separate backup of the file system and it needs to be separately restored.
                          Hello Joe, yes, I restored the attachments folder from a backup, there are over ten gigs of images back in place. New attachments since the restore are showing and working properly, so I don't think its a path issue ?

attachments section in ACP shows

"Attachments are currently being stored in the filesystem at /home/thecanna/attachments"

Another strange symptom : when I go to

"Move Items to a Different Directory"

but try to save to same existing directory

/home/thecanna/attachments"

I get error

"Invalid File Path Specified"

And I am dumbfounded.
                          Last edited by RobH; Tue 5 Mar '13, 7:00am.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                            • Jul 2008

Would suggest you create a support ticket, include an Admin CP login and FTP details in the "Sensitive Data" field of the support ticket system.

Comment

• RobH
                              • Nov 2006
                              • 3.6.x

Thank you Joe, support ticket sent.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...