• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoffeeCreme
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

Styles not Changing

Hello,
    For some reason, users on my site are experiencing a bug where they select a style, but it doesn't change to it.
    For example..
    There's the following styles.
    Style Parent
    --Style A
    --Style B
    --Style C

If a user is already on Style B, and they try to change to Style C, it will just refresh the page and it will keep them on Style B.
    It seems this is only happening to those users on Google Chrome, but it may be other browsers, too.
    I am using Google Chrome, though, and it is working fine for me.
  • CoffeeCreme
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

Bump.

Comment

• CoffeeCreme
      • Mar 2009
      • 3.8.x

Bump..

Comment

• CoffeeCreme
        • Mar 2009
        • 3.8.x

Bump.
        Wish something would help me out!

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Can you link to your forum? It's possible there is a problem with the style-chooser on a custom style to begin with. If users can switch out of the default style without issue it would point to a problem in the custom style.

Also you're saying as an Admin you can change but user's can't? Are you sure each style had a check-box next to it in Style Manager that they are available for regular users to use?

In Admin CP -> Settings -> vBulletin Options -> Style & Language Settings do users have the option to choose their own style?

Comment

• CoffeeCreme
            • Mar 2009
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
            Can you link to your forum? It's possible there is a problem with the style-chooser on a custom style to begin with. If users can switch out of the default style without issue it would point to a problem in the custom style. Also you're saying as an Admin you can change but user's can't? Are you sure each style had a check-box next to it in Style Manager that they are available for regular users to use? In Admin CP -> Settings -> vBulletin Options -> Style & Language Settings do users have the option to choose their own style?
            Link:

My Style Manager:

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

I use Google Chrome was was able to change between all styles both on the forum home page and on a random thread page.

If you can find any more info from users with this issue it would be helpful- specifically the exact URL in the browser when they gave this issue.

Comment

• CoffeeCreme
                • Mar 2009
                • 3.8.x

I use Google Chrome was was able to change between all styles both on the forum home page and on a random thread page. If you can find any more info from users with this issue it would be helpful- specifically the exact URL in the browser when they gave this issue.
                See - I have the same exact analysis of the issue lol - same browser also.
                These users also claim to use Google Chrome and receive the error.
                I will definitely go ahead and ask them for the URL they are trying it on.

Comment

• CoffeeCreme
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 3.8.x

I use Google Chrome was was able to change between all styles both on the forum home page and on a random thread page. If you can find any more info from users with this issue it would be helpful- specifically the exact URL in the browser when they gave this issue.
                  A user replied and said it is on EVERY page they visit, and they are using Google Chrome. They cannot change their styje, when they do, it just refreshes and they are on the same style.

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Do they have any Chrome add-ons? Can they try disabling them?

(I use Chrome also and have no problem changing styles on any of the forums/threads I tried.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• CoffeeCreme
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                      Do they have any Chrome add-ons? Can they try disabling them? (I use Chrome also and have no problem changing styles on any of the forums/threads I tried.)
                      Well, I just had 2 more users report the same problem.
                      The one user is using Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox. The other is using Safari on a mac. It is on any page they visit.
                      By the way, this problem exists when the styles are as 'CSS Files' in the file system, or if they are just served from DB. I don't know what is causing this!

Comment

• CoffeeCreme
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 3.8.x

Bump.
                        I just added a new style tonight and I set it as Default, too. It is not showing up for the same users who can't change their style, as well.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                          • Jul 2008

I would suggest asking the user for their password and sign in as that user- maybe there is something different for registered users that guests and admins do not see. See if you can duplicate the issue while logged on as that user.

Comment

• CoffeeCreme
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 3.8.x

I will do.
                            But seriously.. there is no other troubleshooting I could do?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                              • Jul 2008

Not that I can think of until you find a way to replicate the issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...