X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alfa1
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

Is vb3.8 compatible with MySQL 5.6?

Now that MySQL 5.6 is released, I wonder if its possible to upgrade from MySQL5.5 to 5.6 while running vb3.8.7

Is there anything that I need to fix / modify?
    I buy 420 forums
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Since 3.8 is EOL it is unlikely there will be official development time used to test this- I would suggest testing for yourself. Previously MySQL upgrades had been mostly trouble free.

Comment

• Alfa1
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

It took a few minor tweaks to make vbulletin 3 compatible with mysql 5.5
      The tweaks were posted here in the support forum by others. Especially Paul.

I know there is not going to be another vb3 release. I'm posting to get feedback on the possible issues (if any)
      Last edited by Alfa1; Wed 13 Mar '13, 7:11pm.
      I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Ian Cunningham
        • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Alfa1
        It took a few minor tweaks to make vbulletin 3 compatible with mysql 5.6 The tweaks were posted here in the support forum by others. Especially Paul. I know there is not going to be another vb3 release. I'm posting to get feedback on the possible issues (if any)
        I did a quick search but couldn't find anything - would you be able to link to that post please as I'd like to give MySQL 5.6 a try .
        Laptop Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...