Invalid redirect url appearing since security patch

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Black Tiger
    • Mar 2001

The phrase is just a notice that the error notice that we are getting, is not present in your language file. You should update your vBulletin. Reupload all files, remove /install/install.php and then run /install/upgrade.php then the phrase should be there again I hope.

To get rid of the error itself, use one of the options I stated above.
    One of the solutions is to go to your admincp, then choose "Site/Url/Contact details" and then "Redirect Domain Whitelist". Put there http://yourdomain.com (change yourdomain.com by your domainname without www and without trailing slash) and click the save button. Problem should be gone.
    Last edited by Black Tiger; Sat 16 Jul '11, 5:55am. Reason: Corrected the directory's
    Greetings, Black Tiger

Comment

• Bahadar Musalman
      • Mar 2011

problem is same
      please make another soluation for me

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Bahadar Musalman
        problem is same
        please make another soluation for me
        Please tell us *exactly* what you have done so far to fix this. That way we know what not to suggest.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• canyoncomposite
          • Sep 2010

I'm having trouble when I try and access my forum with www.compositescentral.net. If I go straight there with that url I'll get the login error, If I type in the same url again I'm logged in.

www.compositescentral.com and http://compositescentral.com have already been whitelisted.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

As far as cookies are concerned www.compositescentral.com and compositescentral.com are two separate domains. I recommend sticking to one or the other.

You can also try setting the cookies domain in the Admin CP to:

.compositescentral.com

Note the leading period.

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Option -> Cookie Domain
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Bahadar Musalman
              • Mar 2011

my admin cp setting is

and this problem
              login.php?do=login
              could not find phrase 'invalid_redirect_url_x'.
              comes when then
              i upload this vBulletin Security Patch for vB 3.8.7 : Low Risk "phishing" patch
              Attached Files

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

What do you have set for AdminCP > Settings > Options > General Settings > Post Referrer Whitelist ? Did you add the domain there?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• canyoncomposite
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  As far as cookies are concerned www.compositescentral.com and compositescentral.com are two separate domains. I recommend sticking to one or the other.

You can also try setting the cookies domain in the Admin CP to:

.compositescentral.com

Note the leading period.

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Option -> Cookie Domain
                  Thanks for the help! Strangely enough when I change the cookie option from (blank) to .compositescentral.com everything works fine for the login but I am an unable to properly logout. I get the confirmation of logout page but visiting the home page shows me as logged in again.

Comment

• Bahadar Musalman
                    • Mar 2011

login error

Originally posted by Lynne
                    What do you have set for AdminCP > Settings > Options > General Settings > Post Referrer Whitelist ? Did you add the domain there?
                    Post Referrer Whitelist i cannot find in AdminCP > Settings > Options > General Settings >
                    and also AdminCP > Settings > Options > General Settings > Site Name /URL / Contact Details
                    Screen shot as attached
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Schnee
                      • Oct 2007
                      • 3.8.x

I also have started having this problem only after installing the recent update and phishing patch. I hope someone comes up with a fix, because this is not a user error, but something that happened with these installs.

Comment

• Bahadar Musalman
                        • Mar 2011

can any body give me downlloading link of

seceruity path 3.8.7 pl1

to get rid of this error

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Black Tiger
                          Fixed that too. So in case you only want you users to use the www version, put a .htaccess in your public_html directory with this content:

Code:
                          Options +FollowSymLinks 
                          RewriteEngine on 
                          RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain.com [NC] 
                          RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.domain.com/$1 [L,R=301]
                          This is good practice- everyone should have this setup to either use (or not use) the www- user's should not be able to use both. They should automatically be forwarded to one or the other. To search engines http://domain.com looks completely different than http://www.domain.com - and you'll be splitting your SEO power in half with 2 domains to the same content.

Comment

• Black Tiger
                            • Mar 2001

@BirdOPrey5: Exactly!!

@Bahadar: The security patch is located in the members directory http://members.vbulletin.com but this will not fix that problem.

By the way, you used the wrong setting, do not use the "custom" cookie setting. Use the "Suggested" cookie option, take the pulldown there, and then select .itqalam.com and save. After that use the cookie tool and clear all your cookies.

However, it would be better in the admincp on contact details to keep your url at http://www.itqalam.com, then use the default cookie options.
                            After that, place a .htaccess file like I suggested in your public_html directory.

@Schnee: There are 3 solutions mentioned, have you tried any of them? Best is to use the .htaccess option.
                            Greetings, Black Tiger

Comment

• Bahadar Musalman
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Black Tiger

@Bahadar: The security patch is located in the members directory http://members.vbulletin.com but this will not fix that problem.

By the way, you used the wrong setting, do not use the "custom" cookie setting. Use the "Suggested" cookie option, take the pulldown there, and then select .itqalam.com and save. After that use the cookie tool and clear all your cookies.

However, it would be better in the admincp on contact details to keep your url at http://www.itqalam.com, then use the default cookie options.
                              After that, place a .htaccess file like I suggested in your public_html directory.
                              1.in member area only vbullition security patches 3.8.7 pl2
                              not vbullition security patches 3.8.7 pl1
                              mean only latest version
                              2.i done as u told "Use the "Suggested" cookie option, take the pulldown there, and then select .itqalam.com and save"
                              but after that i cannot find cookie tool to clear all the cookies
                              please tell me where is cookie tool?

Comment

• Black Tiger
                                • Mar 2001

1.) Latest version is ok.

2.) Use the tools.php from your "do not upload" directory.
                                Look at post #3 in this thread from Hawk2, it's explained there.
                                Greetings, Black Tiger

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...