Do infraction points take away points from user reputation?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brandy-DW
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.1.x

Do infraction points take away points from user reputation?

Okay so I own a vbulletin 4.1.0 and I've never really noticed this but as I'm the admin I've never gotten an infraction either, but I've never seen a user complain about it...

On another site that I'm apart of, it's a 3.8.4 vbulletin, and the moderators are saying that the infractions don't take away from reputation but other users are saying that it does. Personally for myself I got an infraction back in November on that site (it's a game site, I asked for a server merge, they marked it as spam..) and it DID take away from the reputation...

So is it supposed to or not? From my admin control panel I don't see an option that does that, but it could be because they are different versions... Any help would be very useful, particularly for helping me with my own site and for answering the questions on theirs. Thank you very much -
    Brandy
    Completely new to v.Bulletin on the administrator side of things - have used different forums and I have plenty of questions...
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Infractions do not change reputation in the default vB. If that is happening, then it's from an add-on.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...