X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wzrdsucks
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.6.x

Forum Display Errors - Need Help Troubleshooting

I recently upgraded to 3.8.5 and thought everything would then work properly after I found out I had many mysterious files and folders on my server account and a bogus .htaccess file which was removed.

Im am probably stretching here, but is there a vb utility of sorts that could help identify my problem?

Url: clubpenguincheat[dot]com

I did leave this site alone for a while before noticing all of these problems, so I dont know how long this site has actually been not funtioning properly.

Thank you for your guideance in advance,
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

This should ensure that you have the default code in place and also highlight any files that are not part of your vBulletin installation.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• wzrdsucks
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

I tried exactly what you you said and have many files not recognized which are add ons.

For some reason I can not see my forum anywhere. The links work fine but none of the forums show up. I have uploaded all new files in ASCII mode and ran the scan but dont know exactly what to look for that would be a problem.

If I click through a link from google, such as this, http://www.clubpenguincheat.com/foru...stile-sig.html everything displays properly. I am really confused as to what the issue might be.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated on how to trouble shoot this from here.

Thank you,

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

What do you mean by you 'can not see my forum anywhere'?
        Vote for:

Comment

• wzrdsucks
          • Oct 2007
          • 3.6.x

What I mean is if you go to clubpenguincheat(dot)com home page (vbadvanced homepage) there is no content, also if you click the forum link you should see all of the forums, therefore something is stopping the forum display.

There is obviously something wrong with my board and I can seem to pinpoint it.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Can you disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
            Vote for:

Comment

• wzrdsucks
              • Oct 2007
              • 3.6.x

We are almost there.

First -I temporarily disabled plugins and re uploaded config.php. - Nothing changed

Second - I created a new default style and "voila", everything was fine so I then enabled hooks again and looks like I am good to go.

So have we narrowed this down to a template issue at this point?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...