Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cnredd
    • Oct 2007

"Suspended" User Title?

When a member gets banned, I inevitably have other members PM me (or even ask publicly) if the ban is permanent or temporary...

If a member has been banned for a few days instead of being permabanned, is there a way I can get the user title to read "Suspended" instead of "Banned"? Even better would be "Suspended until" followed by the time the temp-ban is over.
    sigpic

www.politicalwrinkles.com
  • Jack.D
    • Dec 2010
    • 4.1.x

Unless you wanted to do it manually im pretty sure this will require a mod

Comment

• cnredd
      • Oct 2007

I checked over at "org" first...din't see anything...
      sigpic

Comment

• josiah
        • Nov 2008
        • 4.1.x

create a usergroup called "suspended" or "temporarily suspended " and put them in it, set up the username correctly and limit the user options in the usergroup manager, that is what will appear by their name.
        Last edited by josiah; Sat 9 Apr '11, 12:47pm.
        <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

Comment

• cnredd
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by josiah1
          create a usergroup called "suspended" or "temporarily suspended " and put them in it, set up the username correctly and limit the user options in the usergroup manager, that is what will appear by their name.
          I kinda figured that, but that's manual...Is there a way to have it to where any member banned that does not = "permnent" is automatically moved to that usergroup?

And what about when the suspension ends?...Is there a way to move them from the created usergroup "suspended" back to "Registered" (Could I do that in Promotions)?...
          sigpic

Comment

• punchbowl
            • Nov 2006
            • 4.0.x

it's not the exact thing you need but there's a thread over at vb.org that will start a thread whenever you ban someone. I use it just in my mod lounge but it works for any forum.

e.g.
            King xxxx (ID # 4356) was banned by admin (ID # 1)
            Reason given: None
            Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Discuss!
            http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=257041

Comment

• josiah
              • Nov 2008
              • 4.1.x

Go into user group manager and change the usergroup name from "banned" to "suspended" that way you can do exactly what you want, that is suspend for a given period or permanent using "delete as spam" option
              Last edited by josiah; Sat 9 Apr '11, 2:14pm.
              <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...