X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 0lly
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.6.x

Time stopped working properly

Hi, the time on my forum has recently gone ahead an hour, and I haven't changed any settings.

It's now 4:46am, but on my forum says;

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:45 AM.
    I changed it to GMT -1 in my User CP, and it changes to 4:45am for a split second but then the page flashes and it changes back again

Any ideas what to do? Thanks!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Daylight Savings is tonight (at least in the US it is). vBulletin gets it's time from the server. Have you checked to see what the time is on the server? It may 'fix' itself once you catchup to the server time zone.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• 0lly
      • Feb 2007
      • 3.6.x

Thanks Nope I haven't, I don't know how to check that.

I noticed it stays the right time if I change it to "DST Corrections always off" and GMT -1 in my profile. But then by doing that it will still be wrong for everyone else. I guess I just need to catch the server up then?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

The two should hopefully catch up tonight. It depends on where the server is located and what time zone it is set to and what time zone you have your forum set at.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• 0lly
          • Feb 2007
          • 3.6.x

Ok I'll see how it goes. Thanks!

Comment

• yogesh
            • May 2005

Its a permanent bug in vbulletin, which they refuse to acknowledge, let alone fix! Even though my server clock is set to IST and so is my forum, this bug happens without fail, each time DST comes into effect. So glad that the second forum license I just brought yesterday, was for IPB, which does not have this bug and neither does wordpress or anyother scripts I run on my server!

Comment

• MikesSite
              • Jan 2009
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by yogesh
              Its a permanent bug in vbulletin, which they refuse to acknowledge, let alone fix! Even though my server clock is set to IST and so is my forum, this bug happens without fail, each time DST comes into effect. So glad that the second forum license I just brought yesterday, was for IPB, which does not have this bug and neither does wordpress or anyother scripts I run on my server!
              This same happens every year on my forum. Right now it's 3:52AM but says 1:52AM (EST). Server is synced to EST, vBulletin isn't
              Last edited by MikesSite; Sat 12 Mar '11, 11:05pm.

Comment

• Bob Isaac
                • Dec 2005
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by yogesh
                They lost interest in vB3.x over a year ago.

Bob

Comment

• yogesh
                  • May 2005

The same is also true for VB4 as well, heck even this forum does that!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...