How do my visitors enter Invite requests for joining a User Group?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shroyer
    • Mar 2011
    • 3.6.x

How do my visitors enter Invite requests for joining a User Group?

For the life of me I cannot figure out where this gets done?

Can the Admin sent out an invite to a member to join or does the mmebr always have to initaite the request? Where does he generate the request?

Thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no invite option, but if you want Join Requests then you need to assign at least on Group Leader to that group. Then members can ask to join that Group in their user Settings, and the leader(s) can also review and approve these requests in their user Settings.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• shroyer
      • Mar 2011
      • 3.6.x

Thanks Steve. I knew I wasn't going crazy when I could not find the Invite section.

I belong to another forum in which after you log in, you can tap a button and see all of your own posts and any replies to those post. Does Vbulletin have anything like this?

Bob

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

The only thing close to that is either in Settings, which will show the unread replies to any threads you have subscribed to, or in your user Profile by clicking on the 'Find all posts' link.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• shroyer
          • Mar 2011
          • 3.6.x

Thanks. I had not noticed the Find all Posts.

Comment

• shroyer
            • Mar 2011
            • 3.6.x

Steve - I have both my retail and whse customers using the forum. I want to provide a User Group where only whse customers can go. If I make it a public joinable group, however, everyone can see it. I do not want the retail customers to see what the whse customers are talking about.

If I make it "not public", then the prospective whse customers can't see it either. They will not know to request membership as a result.

Is it possible to have the User Group listed so all members would realize it is there but not allow outsiders to see the threads in side the user group the user group? In other words see the header for the forum that is inside the forum but only for whse customers?

Or am I better off creating a unique forum and by invitation invite whse custoemrs to join?

Thanks

Bob

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

That is true. Publicly joinable groups are public. There is no option for Private joinable groups at this time.

However you can hide specific forums from specific usergroups by setting the appropriate forum and usergroup permissions here:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Steve Machol Photography

Comment