• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 6piston
    • Apr 2005
    • 3.0.0 Beta 7

Today's Post / New Post - Increase Time Limit

Hi Everyone,

i have been having problem finding the settings on vbulletin admincp to locate settings to increase the duration of the Today's Post / New Post listings.

when a user, or me log into the forums, the new post function displays what's new beautifully

but when you log on 2 or 3 times a day, i find that the Today's Posts / New post link do not display the list of new posts for the day. i understand that it may have already listed earlier,

i wish to see today's posts even those early in the day without having vbulletin to dictate what's newest from today's last visit

how can i change this?

thanks!
    Tom
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

First, set this:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type -> Database (automatic forum marking)

Then change this is if want, or you can leave it at the default:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> General Settings -> Database Read Marking Limit

The first time you set this all posts will show up as unread because the database marking is new. Once you mark the forums as read everything will work fine.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• 6piston
      • Apr 2005
      • 3.0.0 Beta 7

thank you steve, i will try that right now

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...