• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melbo
    • Apr 2005
    • 3.8.x

Recurring Subscriptions not recurring

3.8.6 and now 3.8.7
    I've set up a couple of monthly subscriptions linked to PayPal. I have a $5 a month and a $10 a month set up.

I get a notification of the recurring subscription from PayPal when a member makes a purchase but after a month passes, it doesn't seem to auto charge or recur them for another month.

How can I test and troubleshoot this? What should the End Date be set to? the end of the month and the scheduled day for recurring re-subscription or should it be set further out than that? It defaults to the 30 days since I set the subscription for a month and my members receive Expiration Warnings and then nothing.

Here are my settings for one of them:

Click image for larger version

Name:	recur.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	3720102
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I have been running recurring PayPal subscriptions for years without any problems. Please see this for help troubleshooting Paid Subscription problems:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• melbo
      • Apr 2005
      • 3.8.x

Everything looks good per that thread. It doesn't however, tell me what a proper End Date should be: Date the recurring stops for good or date that the payment will recur.

For instance. I purchase a Monthly recurring today. What would the End Date be? 4/2/2011 or something else?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

It would be one month from that day is started. I checked my forums (which primarily use monthly recurring subscriptions) and that is the way it's working for me.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...