X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TylerK10
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.8.x

promotions not functioning how i want

i'm trying to use the promotions feature on my forum to allow users to start posting in a forum once they reach a certain amount of posts and have been registered for a certain amount of time, but it doesn't seem to be working properly

the settings for this are quite confusing with all the and/or/parenthesis stuff. and it's confusing that reputation is involved even though i have it disabled altogether

but anyway, below are my settings. i want them to have to meet a post/join date requirement before being able to post in a forum but for some reason it is promoting every user to this usergroup despite them not meeting these two requirements

rep level: 0
    days registered: 7
    promotion strategy: reputation or (posts and date) ???
    promotion type: additional
    rep comparison type: greater than or equal to ???
    move to usergroup: duplicate member usergroup that has permission to post in said forum
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That appears correct. What is the exact issue?

Note: This is done by the Promotions Scheduled Task. You need to wait long enough for that task to run (usually once per hour on an active forum). Also Scheduled Tasks are triggered by code in the footer template, so if you have modified this template or added code to other templates it may interfere with the running of the tasks. Also if there is no activity on your forums, the task won't run.
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Tue 1 Mar '11, 11:17am.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TylerK10
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.8.x

the problem is that it is promoting every user. like, if i go and make a new user right now in the admin cp, it'll promote them the next time the task runs, despite them not being registered for 7 days and not having 50 posts

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Please post a screen pic of your promotion settings.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TylerK10
          • Aug 2006
          • 3.8.x

here you go
          Attached Files

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Thanks. And do you have a link to someone that was promoted but should not have been?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• TylerK10
              • Aug 2006
              • 3.8.x

i haven't opened my forum to the public yet. i have it password protected. i can give you login info and you can do/see what you need to?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

If you do not have any add-ons installed, fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• avitor
                  • Jun 2007

hi
                  i have this problem to
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	vbadmin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	3681560
                  what i try to do ?
                  i want the new users 10 days after register Promote to additional user group
                  in my forums are more then 2000 users what are registered for few year's
                  in the attachment you can see the select for - Join Date -10 Days Registered
                  and in senior members shows only round 300 additional users
                  i have open ticket for supporte to
                  thankd
                  http://www.horadot.co.za

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...